Saturday, August 31, 2019

#WriterTips #Tirgearr Publishing #CharacterInterview from One Night in Havana


If you are an author dreaming up characters for your romance, consider doing a character interview.  Character driven plots are the best anyway since their quirks and hidden desires drive their actions.  Here is my character Interview centering on the heroine from One Night in Havana within Tirgearr Publishing’s City Nights series. It's priced at 99 cents on Amazon.

What’s your name? Veronica Keane, but family and friends call me Roni.
Where did you grow up? New York City
During what time-period does your story take place? Today.
What’s your story/back story? You might say I’m a parent-pleaser, but what only child isn’t? My dream is to continue my late father’s research for the octopus’ nervous system by winning the grant at Cephalopod conference in Havana. I’d gain my mother’s respect, but she’d be even more ecstatic if I settled into a marriage and had children. Why would someone come up with a story about you? I only appear to be living an opulent lifestyle. Frustration is building. Except for research, my existence is sterile.
What’s your goal in this story?  Will I ever love a man enough to want to be with him for twenty-four hours? After that day is over, will it follow with a longing to be together or will I go back to my loneliness.
What conflicts are you facing? I meet my competitor for the grant, Dr. Carlos Montoya. He’s smart, funny, and as ironic as it is, our research intersects.  After a couple of hours of talking and loving, I’ve met my soulmate. He’s a communist. I love my country.
Do you have a plan for resolving them? What can star-crossed lovers do? Just when I met the love of my life, we’ll have to go our separate ways. How can I make the dream to be with this vibrant man come true?
Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you? In spite of the fact that Carlos is prideful and somewhat confrontational, I bring out the best in him. He needs a pushy New Yorker like me. She listens to his ranting until the bottom falls out. Trepidation builds inside me, and I don’t know what to expect at the final rewards ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#BookQW word is DRINK-- excerpt from Unholy Alliance, a #Tirgearr Publishing #RomanticSuspense --

Book quote Wednesday's word is drink.   Here's how we play it-- find the word in an excerpt.  Below in Unholy Alliance , the...