Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Interview @readangelaevans #RomanticIdea and her book, Hiding in Plain Sight


Welcome ,Angela Evans, author of spicy, fast-paced romantic suspense. Evernight Publishing recently released her first novel Hiding In Plain Sight. My oh my, Angela is sharing ten ways to keep the romance alive!

1. Never stop dating your partner
2. Remember the little things
3. Love notes are always appreciated
4. Hold hands
5. Always kiss goodnight
6. Always kiss good morning
7. Pick your battles-in any argument think “Do I want to be right, or do I want to end the argument”. There’s only one right choice.
8. Give gifts for “no reason”
9. Give your partner compliments when they least expect them
10. Put your phone down and have a conversation at least once a day, every single day.

Interview-- Angela Evans:


Do you outline your books or wing it? Describe your process.

I am a total pantser. I get an idea, usually just one scene, or a backstory for a character and I just start writing to see where the character and the story will take me.

What genre(s) do you write in? Why?
I write romantic suspense. I love reading romantic suspense and creating the dual story lines that genre is known for. In romantic suspense it’s not just about falling in love and living happily ever after, there is a bad guy out there who is trying to do something evil, and that has to be resolved before, or alongside the happily ever after.

Has your muse always known what genre you would write and be published in?
No, I first fell in love with historicals and thought I would write those but if I’m being totally honest I found the research exhausting and way too much like work. Then I discovered contemporaries and started writing those. It wasn’t until I read my first romantic suspense and fell even more in love with the genre of romance that I knew that’s what I was meant to write.
What is your least favorite part of writing?
In a word, editing!

Can you tell us about your road to publication?
My road to publication is long and winding, but to outsiders it probably seems like an overnight success. I first started submitting completed manuscripts to publishing houses before my son, who is now almost 13, was born. Then life got in the way and I stopped writing completely for several years. After starting a mom blog I reconnected with my passion for creating emotions and painting pictures with written words and started writing once again. That first novel I started back with became Hiding in Plain Sight. I had thought I would self-publish but had submitted to a handful of smaller houses just to see what would happen, after 2 requests for revisions from publishers I received an offer for a contract from Evernight Publishing. I did my research and heard only great things about the publisher so I signed my contract in November of 2015, and my book was ‘live’ on February 11 of 2016.

Please tell us your experiences with social media. What are your favorite and least favorite parts of it?
My day job includes managing social media for the companies I have worked for so I love being on social media. Readers will find that I’m active online and they can really get to know me and what’s coming next by connecting with me on Facebook and Twitter.

Do you have or belong to a writing organization? Which one?
Romance Writers of America (RWA) as well as my local chapter, Missouri Romance Writers of America and the romantic suspense online chapter, Kiss of Death. I’m currently serving as the VP of Publicity for my local chapter.

Tell us about your hero or heroine. Give us one of his/her strengths and one of his/her weaknesses.
My heroine, Kierra, suffers from panic and anxiety attacks following some trauma that happened when she was a teenager. I loved writing her because she has tremendous growth over the course of the story and not only finds her inner strength but becomes kind of a kick ass woman I’d love to hang out with before the story is finished. My hero is a small town sheriff and all around Mr. Protector for everyone he cares about. Writing his story was great because I knew I didn’t want the traditional Prince Charming who swoops in to save the damsel in distress so he is very supportive but encourages Kierra to find her own way towards strength and saving herself in the end.

What do you read? Do you read different genres when you’re writing versus not writing?
I love authors like Roxanne St. Claire, Cindy Gerard and Laura Griffin. Those are my auto-buy authors and who I want to be like “when I grow up!

You’re having a party. What character do you hope doesn’t attend? Why?

The one I hope doesn’t attend is easy, Jack Bennett. You’ll have to read the story to find out why…

Get to know more about Angela, and her books, by visiting her online. You can find her at her website, as well as on Facebook and on Twitter.

Back Cover Blurb:


Kierra Centerand was once vivacious and outgoing, that all changed the night her stepfather killed her family in an explosion that authorities wrote off as an accident. Now, ten years later Kierra has returned to the small town of Briarview to find answers, confront her demons, and see if she can finally move on with her life. Not much has changed, Briarview is still the quaint, charming, small town Kierra left behind. Only now her high school boyfriend is the sheriff, and her stepfather is somewhere in the town, hiding in plain sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#BookQW word is DRINK-- excerpt from Unholy Alliance, a #Tirgearr Publishing #RomanticSuspense --

Book quote Wednesday's word is drink.   Here's how we play it-- find the word in an excerpt.  Below in Unholy Alliance , the...